English Language Challenges

I personally love the idea of learning different languages, so learning English in college is great for me. So far I have only had English for two semesters, I like to remember topics I have already seen and practice my skills in this language, but the fact that it is a class makes me feel pressured. One of my flaws is that I am a perfectionist and hard on myself, so this academic pressure makes me feel anxious and stressed. If English class were not graded or an academic responsibility I could enjoy it more without worrying so much about how poorly I might be doing. 

On the other hand, I find that the use of blogs really helps improve writing skills, and it's a fun way to do it. However, I admit that it was a bit stressful to have to write it when it came together with other assignments and exams. 

I think I need to improve my English in general. My strength in English is reading, while my weaknesses are writing and speaking. Whenever I speak, for example in class, I get very nervous and that makes me do it worse than I could have done it, I need to improve my pronunciation and learn to be confident in my knowledge and skills. I plan to improve my English and overcome my nerves by facing and exposing myself to situations where I need to use English. In addition, I would continue to watch, listen and write things in English. Finally, I would like to be able to travel to an English speaking country so I can practice my speaking skills with native speakers.

Outside of English classes, I use English quite a lot, for example, I usually read and listen to music in English, and when I can, I watch series and movies in that language. 

Comentarios

  1. I agree with you, especially because it also makes me feel nervous to talk in class. We can improve our English together ♥

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow, it's nice to know that I am not the only one that feels nervous during classes, but I bet that we are going to improve on that aspect if we keep practicing!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I also was a little ashamed in classes when I had to speak, but I think is the only way to improve the pronunciation it's to practice <3

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog